Thursday, January 14, 2010

What is Heyah?

Now when we know what marketing means ans what is the brand and her strategy, I can start to analyse one of the famous polish brand, which is Heyah.

First of all I will explain what exactly Heyah is.

Heyah is a pay-as-you-go brand of PTC mobile network (or “prepaid brand” as we call it in Poland). PTC, which is partly owned by German T-Mobile, is currently the third biggest network in Poland and embraces three main brands: Era, Tak Tak (the first pay-as-you-go brand) and Heyah.

Heyah was launched back in February 2004 with a massive advertising campaign which still remains a category benchmark for a successful introduction. The campaign was created by agency called G7 and planned by Optimum Media OMD. Heyah was introduced by a teaser campaign which displayed only the extremely characteristic logo which is the red hand with a youthful graffiti-like typeface.

PTC’s strategy for launching the second pay-as-you-go brand was to create a very sharp image for this new brand and thus capture the very young target group which preferred the two rival pay-as-you-go brands: Polkomtel’s Simplus and Centertel’s Pop. After two weeks of teaser activities which involved mostly out-of-home media, ambient and internet, the new brand was officially introduced on March 13, 2004.

Under this link you can check and find some details about offers, which Heyah disposes:

http://www.heyah.pl/english

3 comments:

  1. I remember when this red hand was almost everywhere but nobody knew what does it mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I also remember this!!! I didn't know what's going on and I was wondering what is that. Later when I saw advertisement in TV and on bilboards I recognized that is a new brand of mobile network. I'm also using this network and I'm really satisfied

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think for everyone the campaign was interesting and because of that it was original, uncommon, good well-thought-out in very short time new brand associated many people..It was really big success!!!!

    ReplyDelete